Date: 3/31/17 1:51 pm
Subject: Carvers Creek and Weymouth woods
Jesse Anderson and I were at Carvers Creek state park in Harnett county on
March 29-30. Had some insanely close views of a Bachmans sparrow, best
photos and video I've ever had! Several others calling. Several
gnatcathcers, yellow-throated warbler and a great assortment of resident
breeders. Great views of fox sparrow and a spadefoot toad too. Millpond
still drained, a small creek flows at the base, but grass has grown in the
mud flats where there was on killdeer and some butter butts. Killdeer was
a county lifer!

Weymouth Woods on March 30 had the usual showing of RCW's.

On March 29 north of Faytteville off 295 at a borrow pond was 4 Mute Swan.
Not a county bird, but with the two seen a few miles away on the CBC are
they colonizing? This pond, nor any along the north side of 295 have ever
had swans, but they all usually attract a few waterbirds.

--
Brian Bockhahn
<birdranger248...>

Join us on Facebook!