Date: 3/31/17 1:30 pm
From: David Provencher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Golden Horde at feeders
No Mongols but over 40 American Goldfinches have been cleaning out 3 full
niger feeders a day while flocks of Common Grackles and Red-winged
Blackbirds with a few Cowbirds have been downing about 15 lbs of black-oil
sunflower a day. Combine that with the White-throated Sparrows, Juncos,
Chickadees, and Titmouses, and I'm really looking forward to the seedeaters
being replaced by the insectivores so I don't have to do a Sophie's Choice
between birdseed or beer!