Date: 3/31/17 1:22 pm
From: Vicki Williams <000002847ef88933-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [GABO-L] My Turkey viewing contribution - West Cobb County
Hello all,   Funny about all those city turkeys. But I agree, turkeys seem to adapt to traffic very well. Today, driving home on Due West Rd., just before the light at Due West/Burnt Hickory/Old Hamilton, there was a small traffic jam. At first I though tit was just a normal traffic backup, but when I got up there I could see the rear view of a turkey, disappearing into the brush.
   There is a small flock that continually moves from the east side of Due West Rd, through a wooded area and then crosses Old Hamilton Rd.  In the winter I usually see 3 males. In the spring it will be a group of 6 or 7 containing a mix of male/female turkey's. Haven't seen that size group yet this year. Later in the summer/fall I usually see a hen with young turkey's.
   There is also a flock I usually get a glimpse of in early March on Cheatam Hill when I take that road to the Fairgrounds to work at the Cobb County Library sale.
   Happy Turkey Hunting!
   Vicki Williams, West Cobb County   Due West (Marietta)

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>