Date: 3/31/17 12:46 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene birding
Had a nice morning birding in the SUNSHINE with Vjera Thompson in the open country west of Eugene. Best birds a male Eurasian Teal at Meadowlark Prairie, half-molted BB Plover on some plowed land off Cantrell Rd just west of the Neilsen Rd junction and about 110 WF Geese on the ground (well, in the water) at a private hunt club off Alvadore Rd. That may be the largest on-ground flock of White-fronts I have seen in Lane County.

Lots of yellowlegs and Dows moving through.

We saw only three Bald Eagles in areas that had thirty a couple of weeks ago. Raptor numbers in general way down.

Great to run into birding friend Paul Sherrell at the state hospital wetlands off Milliorn Rd.

Vjera can add what I missed.

Alan Contreras

<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon