Date: 3/31/17 12:10 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: obol
+

I for one can recall only one or two examples of malicious intent on Obol in the past ten years. Pure misunderstanding due to the limitations of the forum are regular. Compared to society at large, the big world out there, surely the level of civility on Obol is well above average. Lars
On Mar 31, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Roy Gerig wrote:

> I thoroughly enjoy reading obol almost every morning. While white-headed pink-footed gulls should mostly all be lumped, to quote Sohlstrom, and odd geese and ducks should mostly all be considered domestic, I enjoy reading the various points of view that are here. I like how different people think and write different, and we all like birds a lot. It makes it fun to see a face in the field who you never met in person, but you know the person already. I like e-bird and I participate there too, it serves a different purpose, and you don't get the humanity there that you do from obol. For those who worry that we are sometimes unkind on here, have you seen facebook the past year or more? Of course you have. With temporary unintentional lapses sometimes, we do a pretty good job of being kind on obol.
>
> When it is said and done, kindness may be the important thing, and every bird has its feathers
>
> Roy Gerig Salem OR

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!