Date: 3/31/17 8:46 am
From: Marian Gordin <mkgordin...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Brown-headed Cowbird Invasion Grows in NE Atlanta
OMG. I just now have a flock of male and female Brown-headed Cowbirds flitting among my trees. Have been seeing a pair. I doubt there is a solution, but any suggestions for dealing with them will be appreciated. I have a lot of Brown-headed Nuthatches in my dead pine snag, but I cannot reach the nest cavities. Usually also have Wren, Titmouse, Chickadee, Bluebird, Cardinal, and Thrasher nests around my "Atlanta Audubon Sanctuary" yard, but I normally avoid deep searches for the nests to avoid disturbing "my" birds.

Marian

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone."
Reba McEntire (b. 1955)

Marian K. Gordin
Atlanta, GA 30329

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>