Date: 3/31/17 6:57 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Rochester Lakefront on Friday
We spent a few hours along the lakefront yesterday making a few
stops.Turkey Vultures were out in good numbers all along the lakefront
with several groups of 10 or more.

Island Cottage woods was pretty dead with few birds seen and only RWBL
and COGR noted by ear.On the way out we saw several TRSP and SOSP among
the robins on the lawn.We also checked the GLT portion of the woods.On
the closed road near the entrance we found 3, very cooperative GCKI (FOY
for us), but not much else in the woods.

Moving on to the Firehouse Woods at Long Pond we found a group of 50
TRSW (FOY for us) on the wires along the Lakeshore BLVD approaching Long
Pond.In the woods itself, we saw a number of TRSP, SOSP and a noisy NOFL
accompanying the RWBL and COGR.

Last stop was the Horseshoe Rd. at Durand Eastman which was pretty dead
as was the trail leading south except for the sound of a BEKI.

John Boettcher/ Norma Platt