Date: 3/30/17 3:58 pm
From: Rodger Rang <rrang...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] SW Allen-- March 30, 2017 PM
I re-checked the west end of Eagle Marsh before an appointment this late afternoon, finding that at least some of the divers were still present.  Through the continuing rain, I was able to ID some of  the birds in the near basin, among them these highlights: American Wigeon (8), BW Teal, N. Shoveler, GW Teal, Lesser Scaup (1), and Bufflehead (24).

After my appointment, I took advantage of a lull in the rain to check the puddles of Homestead, Branning, and Amber, finding these highlights:

American Black Duck- 2
Green-winged Teal- 9
Bald Eagle- 1 immature
Northern Harrier- 1
Killdeer- a few
Lesser Yellowlegs- 9
Pectoral Sandpiper- 2, my FOS
Bonaparte's Gull- 25+
Ring-billed Gull- 10+
Herring Gull- 1 immature
Chipping Sparrow- 1
Field Sparrow- 1 singing

On the way home, I drove through Kekionga Shores and noted a single Common Loon on the lake in that addition.

Rodger Rang
Fort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!