Date: 3/30/17 11:35 am
From: Vernon Gauthier <pabirder...>
Subject: Red Crossbills and Pine Siskins Perry County
Greetings,
I had 2 RED CROSSBILLS and 7 PINE SISKINS at Bryner Road in western Perry
County this morning. There may of been more crossbills as I saw a flock of
7 or 8 birds fly off that were the right shape and size but could not get
on them. I have included the eBird checklist from the morning. The
Crossbills and most of the Siskins were seen at the western end of the
Bryner Road loop.
Canada Goose 2
Wild Turkey 3
Great Blue Heron 2
Black Vulture 2
Turkey Vulture 2
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 1
Pileated Woodpecker 3
Eastern Phoebe 3
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 6
Common Raven 1
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Tufted Titmouse 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 9
Eastern Bluebird 1
Hermit Thrush 1
American Robin 15
Pine Warbler 2 Birds heard chipping and then seen chasing , larger
warbler, yellowish breast, large white wingbars
Chipping Sparrow 1
Field Sparrow 2
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) 26
White-throated Sparrow 5
Eastern Towhee 1
Northern Cardinal 3
Red-winged Blackbird 4
Common Grackle 10
Brown-headed Cowbird 2
Red Crossbill 2 Jip, jip call clearly heard then male clearly seen
through scope perched top of fir tree, reddish body and crossed bill,
another bird just heard
Pine Siskin 7 Bird heard calling, then seen, small finch with streaked
belly and breast , wingbars, later flock of 6 seen and heard flying overheab
American Goldfinch 2
View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/
checklist/S35531739
Vern Gauthier