Date: 3/29/17 4:44 pm
From: <mvjohnski...>
Subject: [cobirds] Flock of Mountain Plovers
John Stump and I spent a morning out birding under gray skies. Birding was
good and we had 4 species of gulls: California, RB, Franklin's and
Bonaparte's. Rock and Marsh Wrens were at Smith Reservoir. Best of the day
was a flock of 9 Mountain Plovers south of Smith (Costilla County) in a
bare soil area. This is the largest flock ever recorded here and the second
earliest date for the species in the San Luis Valley. Great day out and
about.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO