Date: 3/29/17 4:21 pm
From: Kathy McClain <kmcclann...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Blue-gray Gnatcatcher Huntingburg Lake
Enjoyed a pleasant evening yesterday 3/28 walking the trail along
Huntingburg Lake. Highlights included a FOY Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, great
views of a Hermit Thrush, Pine Warblers singing, and two Common Loons
diving on the lake. While watching the Hermit Thrush, a surprised
Orange-crowned Warbler flew up out of the brush and landed in a small bush
just off the trail.

Oh, I also had a Beaver slap it's tail at me on a portion of the trail
close to the lake -what fun!

Huntingburg Lake, Dubois, Indiana, US
Mar 28, 2017 6:15 PM - 8:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
37 species

Canada Goose 11
Wood Duck 2
Mallard 2
Northern Shoveler 1
Common Loon 2
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Turkey Vulture 1
Bald Eagle 2
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 6
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-headed Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Blue Jay 6
Carolina Chickadee 7
Tufted Titmouse 2
Winter Wren 1
Carolina Wren 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1 Heard nasal, whiney voice; small bird, pale
blue-gray back w/white eye-ring. Flipping about on branches, moving long
tail. White undertail. Either nonbreeding or female - No dark
eyebrow/forehead.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 1
American Robin 4