Date: 3/29/17 1:55 pm
From: Fred Shaffer <glaucousgull...>
Subject: [MDBirding] 2 Black-headed Gulls at Back River
I had not one, but two breeding plumage Black-headed Gulls at Back River this afternoon.  Both birds were viewed from Diamond Point.  Both birds had mostly full black hoods, with the second gull not showing any white at all in the hood/head.  The bird with the complete black hood was particularly stunning. Both Black-headed Gulls were perched on the mudflats with approximately 450 Bonaparte's Gulls, 200 Ring-billed Gulls, and small numbers of Herring and Great Black-backed Gulls. I was unable to locate any Little Gulls today. Good birding!
Fred <ShafferGlaucousGull...>, MD