Date: 3/29/17 12:25 pm
From: Kit Larsen <kit...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Wednesday morning

Dennis Arendt reports:
The Eugene Wednesday bird group went to Skinner Butte. Heavy and steady
rain was forecast and this location meant we could be close to our
vehicles. The rain held off until 9:00 and we departed shortly after
that. However, we did find some good birds. Band-tailed Pigeons were
perched in some trees. A Peregrine Falcon flew over us. We heard
Bewick's and Pacific Wrens, Bushtits, Red-breasted Nuthatch and Brown
Creepers. Two Orange-crowned Warblers were in a small group with
Yellow-rumps. Several white-bellied swallows flew high overhead,
probably trees. Our complete list follows.

Cackling Goose
Mallard
Band-tailed Pigeon - three
Anna's Hummingbird
Downy Woodpecker
Peregrine Falcon
Steller's Jay
California Scrub-Jay
American Crow
Swallow species (tree?)
Black-capped Chickadee
Bushtit
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
Pacific Wren
Bewick's Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
American Robin
European Starling
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Fox Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Song Sparrow
Spotted Towhee
House Finch – several singing and flitting about

Scott McNeeley (son of Webfoot National Champion Basketball player),
Dave Jones, Dave Brown, Sylvia Maulding, Tom Cable, Kit Larsen, Randy
Sinnott, Ellen Cantor, Cindy Armstrong and Dennis Arendt

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!