Date: 3/29/17 8:55 am
From: Linda Andes-Georges <andesgeorges...>
Subject: [cobirds] little help on IDs of Eastern waterfowl from bad photos
Hi, folks--
In case anyone has an extra minute or two, I have some poor photos from a recent trip to coastal islands off SC where I was challenged by a number of bird IDs that I have little knowledge of. If anyone is willing to look at two of them, I'd appreciate opinions. I am null at shorebirds and weak on ducks I've never seen before!

I was surprised to discover that the huge flocks of peeps we were seeing were mostly WESTERN Sandpipers. I have much to learn!
Alas, we did not get even poor photos of many mysterious flying creatures. It was fun-- and frustrating.

We tried for the Red-cockaded Woodpecker and frustratingly, heard one but could not find it. The forest was still smoldering from a recent prescribed fire which is used to help manage the forests that they prefer. Nevertheless, it was a good trip for woodpeckers in general: lots of practice.

Linda Andes-Georges
Boulder County (W of Lagerman, N of Haystack, E of Table Mtn)
[Jean-Pierre says: W of Paris, S of Quebec, E of Tahiti]
8417 Stirrup Ln
Longmont CO 80503