Date: 3/28/17 11:34 pm
From: Dave Mellinger <David.Mellinger...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Quick discussion question
I'll answer that one not for sight but for sound:
Black-capped Chickadee song. Birding guides generally describe it as a 2- or 3-note whistles "fee-bee" or "hey, sweetie". Here in the Pacific Northwest we know better.

Dave

On 3/28/2017 10:06 PM, <obol...> wrote:
> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 17:12:07 -0700
> Subject: [obol] Quick discussion question
> From: "Wayne Hoffman" <whoffman...>
>
> Hi -
> Something I have been thinking about lately: what bird do you see (*in Oregon) that looks the LEAST like its illustrations in the popular field guides (sibley, National Geographic, Peterson, etc.)?
>
> Something to think about as the skies try to break all-time March precipitation records over the next few days. Please send me your replies and I'll summarize in a week or so.
>
> Wayne
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!