Date: 3/28/17 10:41 pm
From: <1sallyhill.9...>
Subject: [obol] Roman Nose Mountain area
Linda Gilbert and I explored the Roman Nose Mountain area in Lane County today. Temperatures ranged from 38 degrees to 54. We dodged sand and gravel dump trucks and logging trucks in between the foggy mist and vestiges of snow. Highlights included venturing up a steep logging spur road that provided almost a 360 degree view of a herd of elk, a logging operation, hearing pileated woodpeckers a large flock of Pine Siskins, Western Bluebirds and watching a small flock of Violet Green Swallows excavating nesting holes in a red clay cut bank. Down slope we saw a northern Pygmy owl on a snag and heard another calling . What a great State we live in!

Sent from my iPhonePOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!