Date: 3/28/17 6:57 pm
Subject: W-C Sparrows & Purp. Finches Morganton, NC
Birding People Anxiously Awaiting Spring Migrants,

I'm spending the week at the North Carolina Waterworks Operator Association
training in Morganton, NC but have been lucky enough to go birding for the
past two evenings along the Greenway near Judge's Restaurant and the
Catawba River.

In two evenings I've seen 5 Purple Finches, high in a sweet gum, and 3
White-Crowned Sparrows (this evening), in a bushy area on the first right
hand dog leg just past the bridge to the driving cross and across from the
gazebo.

Cool to find these species, considering they are FOY for me and rare on the
Outer Banks, where I live full time.

Enjoy the evening,

Jim Gould

Sent from my mobile device.