Date: 3/28/17 5:11 pm
From: <5hats...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Oregon's Listserv
Amen

Darrel

From: <obol-bounce...>
To: "OBOL" <obol...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:55:10 PM
Subject: [obol] Oregon's Listserv

Hi folks,

I'm visiting South Florida right now, and the birds are quite good (a Prairie Warbler singing outside my bedroom window was fun). I was considering asking the state listserv about a strange sound coming from an invisible source in a tree, but I discovered that Florida's state list has very little activity--maybe abandoned in favor of eBird and other modern sources. There was only one post there in the entire last week. As much of an eBird fan as I am, I wanted to say that I'm very greatful that Oregon maintains this list and keeps alive the sense of community and human approach to reports. I think it adds a lot to being an Oregon border.

Hope everyone's migration is going wonderfully!

-Caleb Centanni

Join us on Facebook!