Date: 3/28/17 4:50 pm
From: Mary Beth Stowe <mbstowe...>
Subject: [texbirds] Starr County - Seedeaters, Bell's Vireo
Hi, all!

Sorry for the late post, but didn't have time to get this out last night;
took visiting birders Derek and Helen out to Starr County yesterday where we
dipped on the pigeons, but got great looks at Roadrunners (which I think
they wanted even more than the pigeons :)), a Vermilion Flycatcher pair, and
two White-collared Seedeaters along the Salineno Trail. The highlight for
me, though, was a singing Bell's Vireo at Falcon State Park, in the
primitive campground area! Pictures aren't processed yet (and couldn't get
photos of the rarities anyway), but I did attach recordings of both the
vireo and the seedeater on my EBird checklists (although the recordings
don't seem to be playing; maybe others can see if they can play them).
Falcon checklist:

Salineno checklist:

Bird List:

Gadwall