Date: 3/28/17 1:08 pm
From: Osness <ravenbuddhanow...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Many ducks at Hendrickson Marsh
This morning at Hendrickson Marsh I estimate that there were over 2
thousand ducks; more than half were Ring-necked ducks. There was also a
mixed flock of Snow and White-fronted geese. My most interesting "sighting"
was at one location where I kept hearing what sounded a little like peeping
frogs. I finally determined that the sound was coming from a group of about
40 Green-winged Teal! A Phoebe was present as well as 5 Cowbirds and 21
Tree Swallows.
Nick Osness
Ames