Date: 3/28/17 6:33 am
From: Ruthenberg, Jessica (DGIF) <Jessica.Ruthenberg...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Have you been following the Richmond Falcon Cam?
The Richmond Falcon Cam, which follows the nesting season of a Peregrine Falcon pair atop the Riverfront Plaza building in downtown Richmond, is back for the season! Thanks to our new partner Comcast Business!

The cam resumed on March 1st and it's already been an interesting season! At the seasons' outset, the male Peregrine Falcon who had been paired with the same female for several years, replaced her with a new unbanded female. However, yesterday afternoon, the male was observed with yet another new female in the nest box, but this one is banded. Follow the Richmond Falcon Cam<https://blog.wildlife.virginia.gov/falcon-cam/> to learn more details and view the falcons live!

Jessica Ruthenberg
Watchable Wildlife Biologist
Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries
3909 Airline Blvd., Chesapeake, Virginia 23321
Office: (757) 465-6868 * Cell: (804) 229-2556
<jessica.ruthenberg...><mailto:<jessica.ruthenberg...>

Leading wildlife conservation and inspiring people to value the outdoors and their role in nature.

Discover Our Wild Side! Virginia Birding and Wildlife Trail<http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/vbwt/> * Great Dismal Swamp Birding Festival<https://www.facebook.com/greatdismalswampbirdingfest/>, April 20-22. * View the Richmond Falcon Cam<https://blog.wildlife.virginia.gov/falcon-cam/> live! * Follow DGIF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/VDGIF>