Date: 3/27/17 9:17 pm
Subject: American wigeon may need help
There is an American wigeon at a pond in Greensboro who seems to have something stuck or hanging from his bill. I can't tell if it's coming from inside his bill or is maybe stuck or wrapped around outside. I also can't tell if it's fishing line or something else. He's been there for a week that I've seen, and the last few days I've been able to clearly see it in photos. I haven't actually seen him feeding, but he seems to be moving around and swimming ok. I posted a photo to the Carolina birders Facebook page. Someone suggested trying the list and said maybe someone could help. Is there someone locally I can contact who can check him out and help if necessary?

Kristin Anderson

High Point, NC

Join us on Facebook!