Date: 3/27/17 8:27 pm
From: Scott Downes <downess...>
Subject: [cobirds] RFI. Rosy-finch and ptarmigan info for visiiting birders
We'll be visiting Colorado next week, primary focus is Gunnison Sage-Grouse
but as time allows I wanted to try for rosy-finches (black and
brown-capped) and white-tailed ptarmigan. So had a couple of questions:

1. I've heard from others that have had some success at Loveland Pass for
ptarmigan this time of year. Is that generally a good spot to try and how
much effort is required to have a decent chance for them? I wasn't planning
on packing snowshoes or other winter hiking gear on our trip.
2. Recommended spots for rosy-finches in early April? I'm guessing they are
starting to disperse. Checking eBird reports, but any tips on reliable
spots for rosy-finch flocks that would be likely in first week of April are
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott Downes
<downess...>