Date: 3/27/17 6:39 pm
From: Dennis Thompson <cndthomps...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Dunbar area today
This morning, I birded around Dunbar Slough in Greene and Guthrie counties.
16 species of waterfowl with some impressive counts. I counted/estimated
960 Ring-necked Ducks just in the Hunter Tract! A few Smith's Longspurs
were still in the field at the south end of the Hunter Tract, but I didn't
spend much time on them. 9 Rusty Blackbirds were at Willow Wildlife Area
and FOY Ruby-crowned Kinglet was as McCord Pond. My best bird was a Gray
Partridge at the new public area by Willow Wildlife Area along B Avenue
between 310th and 320th. Does anyone know the name of this area? It's a
sizable grassland with a few ponds. It appears to be managed by the state.

Denny Thompson

Johnston