Date: 3/27/17 5:16 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Shorebirding at the Hawkeye Wildlife Area
For the first time this season it felt like real shorebirding, with numbers in the hundreds around Hawkeye and Coralville Lake.
Habitat couldn't be better and I expect thousands of shorebirds soon, but unfortunately of limited variety. East of Sand Point had the best concentration of 8 species I noted today.

1 Long-billed Dowitcher (by date)
3 Least Sandpipers
1 Am. Golden-Plover
1 Great Egret (flyover)