Date: 3/27/17 4:52 pm
From: Rodger Rang <rrang...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] SW Allen-- March 27, 2017 PM
I checked some local areas after work, and, other than small numbers of shoveler, both teal, and coots at many places, I noted these few highlights:

Mute Swan- 5 (bleh); at three separate Eagle Marsh sites
Blue-winged Teal- 30+ at Serv-All recycling site; most I've seen this year so far
Ring-necked Duck- 20+ at basin south of water utility
Greater Scaup- 1 drake at Towpath Trailhead basin
Lesser Scaup- 4 at basin south of utility
Double-crested Cormorant- 13 at Serv-All Ponds; the massing begins
Bald Eagle- 3; one at Engle Road nest; two at Arrowhead nest
Lesser Yellowlegs- 2 northwest corner of Homestead at Branning
Tree Swallow- 31 in one fly-by flock at Arrowhead Prairie
Field Sparrow- 1 singing at west end of Eagle Marsh

Rodger Rang
Fort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!