Date: 3/27/17 7:53 am
From: Melanie Furr <melanie...>
Subject: [GABO-L] AAS Professional Development for educators
Good morning, Birding Friends,

I want to pass along information about Atlanta Audubon's professional
development workshop for educators: Connecting Students with STEM through
Birds. We have been funded for two trainings this summer; an informational
brochure and application for each program are attached. The trainings
begin with a four day workshop/retreat in the North Georgia mountains in
June, followed by one day trainings in the Greater Metro Atlanta area in
fall and spring. Please note there are some slight differences in the two
workshops. There is no cost to participants (in fact, one training offers a
stipend), and they receive lots of free classroom resources.

The first training, Taking Wing, supported by the Community Foundation of
West Georgia, will take place at Amicalola Falls from June 5-8 and is open
to both classroom teachers and informal educators. (Note: this workshop has
five guaranteed spaces for educators in Haralson, Heard, and Carroll, so
please share this information with anyone you know who may teach in those
counties).

The second training, Flying Together, will be held June 19-22 at Unicoi
State Park. This program is funded by a Teacher Quality grant and is open
exclusively to classroom teachers. Teachers in Cobb and Henry counties
receive priority, but we have several spaces open to teachers in other
systems.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Applications
received by April 10 will be given priority.
Kind regards,
Melanie
--
*Melanie Furr*