Date: 3/27/17 7:38 am
From: The \Nunn Guy\ <colorado.birder...>
Subject: [cobirds] Tundra Swan [Stewart's Pond, Lasalle, Weld]
Hi all

I found the Tundra Swan but not the Eurasian Wigeon :-( ... couple others
there looking as well. Other spring arrivals:

- Say's Phoebe [Yard, Nunn, Weld]
- Common Grackle [Windsor Lake, Windsor, Weld]
- Red-breasted Merganser [Windsor Lake, Windsor, Weld]
- American Avocet [Three ponds across from Behren's Lake, Lasalle, Weld]

There were ~400+ American White Pelican(!) at Neff Lake. At Glenmere Park
I had a immature Red-tailed Hawk no more than 10 feet from me at eye level
on a fence post. It had picked up a strip of brown cloth and either (1)
thought it was a snake or (2) was trying to make thinner strips for
nesting. It is by far the CLOSEST I've gotten to a hawk in the wild,
pretty neat--it did not care about my presence at all.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn

http://coloradobirder.club/