Date: 3/27/17 4:38 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Conesus Lake Area - Sunday, March 26, 2017
Good morning,

Yesterday's lakeside birding proved fruitful with some nice species
scattered all along the shoreline of Conesus Lake (east side.) The report
from the Lake is extremely conservative as I don't have a spotting scope.
Seeing a loon is always a wonderful thrill. There were other rafts out
toward the mid-line of the Lake too that I couldn't count/identify. Also
noted activity now that every thing is thawed at the East Swamp Midway
Pond. Otherwise, other areas (Sliker Hill swamp and a run along Swamp
Road) were pretty quiet, although we did see a nice red-shouldered hawk at
the viewing area on West Lake Road just before the intersection of Sliker
Hill and West Lake Rd (Rte 256.)

Counts from East Lake Road and Conesus Inlet WMA are included below:

*S-NY-Livonia-4820 E Lake Rd - 42.7863x-77.7078, Livingston, New York,
USMar 26, 2017 10:16 AM - 10:46 AMProtocol: Traveling6.0 mile(s)7 species
(+1 other taxa)*

Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) 7
Redhead (Aythya americana) 117
Ring-necked Duck (Aythya collaris) 27
Greater/Lesser Scaup (Aythya marila/affinis) 7
Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) 41
Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus) 27
Common Loon (Gavia immer) 1
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) 1

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/
checklist/S35439001

*Conesus Inlet WMA--East Swamp Rd. (midway pond), Livingston, New York,
USMar 26, 2017 11:08 AM - 11:28 AMProtocol: Traveling0.1 mile(s)11 species*

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 11
Gadwall (Anas strepera) 5
American Wigeon (Anas americana) 2
Ring-necked Duck (Aythya collaris) 26
Bufflehead (Bucephala albeola) 8
Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus) 25
Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) 3
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 2
Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis) 2
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) 29

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/
checklist/S35440048

Thank you,

Terry Bohling