Date: 3/26/17 8:54 pm
From: Sunny Yoder <sunnyyoder...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Chandler Robbins
I haven’t seen anything about Mr. Robbins’ passing in the local press but happened upon a piece in my hometown newspaper the Corpus Christi Caller Times by South Texas birding legend Phyllis Yochem:

One of the great joys of birding is the comparable accessibility of many of the luminaries of the pursuit.

Chandler S. Robbins, principal author of “Birds of North America: A Guide to Field Identification,” died last week in Maryland at 98. Instantly recognizable to all who began birding in the time before the internet, the Golden Guide, as his book is commonly called, was the one that started it all for many enthusiasts.

Sunny Yoder
Alexandria