Date: 3/26/17 7:43 pm
From: Gabriel Mapel via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Augusta County today (78 species, Marsh Wren, migrants)
Hi all,Vic Laubach and I birded the day away today covering lots of territory in Augusta County.  Starting at sunrise at the Augusta Springs Wetlands we then made our way through Swoope, across to Stuarts Draft, up to Waynesboro and Fishersville before finishing in the Weyers Cave area at 6pm.  We had a great March day and in total found 78 species including several highlights.  Our top bird was a Marsh Wren located at the roadside marsh in Swoope along Trimbles Mill Rd across from North Mtn Rd.

Below please find a list of our highlight birds with locations listed.Gabriel MapelNew Hope

Blue-winged Teal 4 Bell's LaneHorned Grebe 1 Fishersville QuarryDouble-crested Cormorant 1 InVista Pond (Waynesboro)BC Night-Heron 2 InVista Pond (Waynesboro)Northern Harrier 2 Swoope
Bald Eagle 5 Swoope Nest (occupied by adults) and Stuarts Draft Nest (occupied by adults and at least one eaglet)Wilson's Snipe 13 Various locationsHorned Lark 4 Guthrie Rd & Stuarts Draft WWTPN. Rough-winged Swallow 2 Swoope (Hope Lake, Boy Scout Camp) & Stuarts Draft WWTPBarn Swallow 1 Fishersville QuarryBlack-capped Chickadee 1 Augusta Springs WetlandsWinter Wren 1 Augusta Springs WetlandsMarsh Wren 1 Swoope (Trimbles Mill Rd)American Pipit 35 Guthrie RdLouisiana Waterthrush 1 Augusta Springs WetlandsVesper Sparrow 1 Swoope (Trimbles Mill Rd)Savannah Sparrow 26 All in SwoopeSwamp Sparrow 5 Augusta Springs Wetlands & SwoopeRusty Blackbird 1 Guthrie Rd