Date: 3/26/17 2:56 pm
From: Kat Birder <katbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Eurasian Wigeon at Hager Pond
Jay and I saw a male Eurasian Wigeon today (March 26) at Hager Pond in
Marlboro. My first good look at this bird. What a lovely duck with it's
russet head, pale crown and pink breast! It was in the far left back of the
pond with (also lovely) American Wigeons, and Pintails. Ring-necked Ducks
nearby. I suggest parking in the far left lower portion of the lot and
scoping from that side. Watch out for delivery trucks.

<goog_966594290>

A ID only photo is in the checklist. Gadwall and Shoveler also reported
that day (though we didn't see them; possibly near the gazebo which we
didn't have time to check).

Kathy Dia
Concord, MA

Join us on Facebook!