Date: 3/26/17 9:37 am
From: Alan Buriak <a_buriak...>
Subject: Re: Field Sparrows?
I just had 3 singing Field Sparrows this morning at the upper field of North Park, Allegheny County. However these were my FOY. I had been out a couple mornings in appropriate habitat prior to this but they were absent so it seems the bulk of the migrant field sparrows may just be arriving.

Side note, although I didnt find any this morning, I had 3 Fox Sparrows yesterday at the upper field of North Park, two in the same exact area as previous seasons (the brushy area off the east end of the field where multiple trails cross and head toward the nature center). Even though I knew exactly where to look, these guys still, as is typical, gave just fleeting glimpses as they scurried under the thickest brush. The Eastern Phoebes are also back and singing at both the upper field (one) and Marshall Lake (two) this morning. No sign of Tree Swallows yet at these locale.

Good birding,
Alan Buriak
Gibsonia, Allegheny County