Date: 3/26/17 9:39 am
From: Jon Edstrom <jedstrom...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Great Gray Owl Newport NH
Drove with my son 2.5 hours to Newport, NH on Sat. and found the owl before
we even got out of the car. It was perched on the Mile 55 sign. It stayed
for about 10 minutes before flying across the road to some woods on the
edge of the field. Many people were there. People are getting really close
to this bird. I saw people doing selfies and trying for photos from 5-10
feet away even with very large lenses.

I used the opportunity to teach my 9 year old son about respecting wildlife
and the importance of keeping a good distance.

Super cool bird. A first for both me and my son. I dipped 3 times on the
one seen up north in Maine.

See the attached image.