Date: 3/25/17 5:09 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] erie basin snowy owl and previous Golden Eagle
 apologies, I neglected to post that i had a Golden Eagle fly from the outer harbor , over the Naval Park while i was standing there, then off over the marina flying north , on March 12th .I was stunned and in awe and by the time i thought to take photos . they were very poor . but are in my checklist  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35137220

also today at Erie Basin had a  Snowy owl fly onto a branch  or pipe  on the breakwall and was drying off after the rain .. i believe this to be a different owl than the one i see almost daily in the same location . .. also had two  Horned grebes in breeding plumage, a kildeer and 20+ Tundra swans fly over and put on a little show in the gloomy skies!

happy migration!
Shelley