Date: 3/25/17 5:01 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Sandy Bottom Park, Honeoye Lake Today
Hi All. I went to Sandy Bottom Park around 4 PM today after the rain
stopped to look over the ducks. Hundreds out there, easily viewable
(except for those way out there) under calm conditions. Did not find the
Tufted Duck or either species of wigeon. Redhead and Goldeneye numbers
have dropped significantly, and Ring-necks and especially scaup numbers are
way up. The only puddle ducks I saw out there were 2 Mallards, 2 Gadwall,
and 2 Pintail. There was however a Pied-billed Grebe among the ducks, a
new spring arrival for me, as well as at least 32 Tree Swallows streaming
up the lake. There was a Great Blue Heron perched in a tree overlooking
the marsh.

Bill Howe
Hemlock, NY
<whhowe60...>