Date: 3/20/17 10:43 pm
From: Kathy Noerenberg <klnrbnut...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Sat. Whalon Lake, Peacock Marsh & Lake Renwick
Pam Chudzinski & I went in search of waterfowl on Saturday, March 18th.
Peacock Marsh was good but had the least and Lake Renwick was the best. The
southern entrance to Lake Renwick was closed so went to the small park at
the NW edge along Joliet Rd. We walked the short distance to the
lookout/pavilion area and saw many ducks etc with numbers of GBH already
setting up in the nests on the islands. I was surprised to see from the map
at this parking lot that there was another parking lot/observation point
along Lockport Street which I had never known about. This looks out on
Budde & Turtle Lakes.

Total SPECIES were 2 of the Grebes, 2 Swans, 14 Ducks including the Aythya
slam, 2 Mergs & Coots. Biggest surprise sightings of the day were a HORNED
GREBE in winter plummage at Whalon Lake & a TRUMPETER SWAN mingling with 3
Mute Swans up close by me at the Lockport St. parking lot.

Sorry for the late post.

Kathy Noerenberg
Western Springs, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!