Date: 3/20/17 8:08 pm
From: Kent Forward <kforward...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Great-tailed Grackle at Westlake Shopping Center 3/20/2017
Good Evening Folks,
Just a quick note to say I was able to re-find the Great-tailed Grackle at the Westlake Shopping Center in Daly City this afternoon that was initially reported by Calvin Lou on March 18th. I added some very poor quality photos (highly zoomed) to my eBird checklist (link below).  The first shot was really zoomed but at least captured the entire bird, when I re-positioned to try and get a crisper (less zoomed shot), it moved to where you could not see the tail but at least you can make out the upper-half better, bill shape and yellow eye color etc. It was on the roof above the entrance to Home Depot while I was there today, maybe it needed to pick up some nest building materials?
Thanks to Calvin for reporting and finding this great bird!  This is only the second one I've seen in San Mateo County.
Bountiful Birding,Kent ForwardEl Granada

Join us on Facebook!