Date: 3/20/17 7:49 pm
From: Gary Rosenberg <ghrosenberg...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] Arthur Pack- Ash-throated and Brown-crested Flycatchers
Hi All,

I would like to point out that Brown-crested Flycatcher typically does not “arrive” in southeastern AZ until mid-April, and there may not be any documented March records for the region - so a report from anytime in March is very significant. Brown-crested Flycatcher is, of course, not a review species for the Arizona Bird Committee - but as a regional editor for North American Birds, I always think it is a good idea to try and document significant records such as this one. Given how much the climate in southern Arizona is seemingly changing every year - and with temperatures in the 90s already this March, I am not be surprised that birds such as this one would arrive so early.

Gary

Gary H. Rosenberg
Tucson, AZ
<ghrosenberg...>