Date: 3/20/17 6:39 pm
From: RICHARD H BROWN <brown7910...> [STA_Birds] <STA_Birds-noreply...>
Subject: [STA_Birds] Fw: West Bear Creek Unit (SLNWR)

  I have been visiting West Bear Creek Unit twice a week since March 4th when I noticed that the male Yellow-headed Blackbirds had returned.  For the last two weeks these gentleman have been faithfully calling females to join them at West Bear Creek:-)  So far their calls have not been answered. This group of approximately ten birds can be seen east of the auto tour road as it crosses between the ponds. (Approximately .8 of a mile from the entrance)  I have attached a few photos taken today through the reeds. The diversity of birds at West Bear Creek has also increased over the past two weeks with numbers of Ducks and Shore Birds increasing. I found a life list bird today that I had been seeking for quite sometime. After listening to a Common Yellowthroat sing for an hour he finally poked he head out of the reeds:-)
 I have enjoyed everyone's posts over the past year and I decided to put my toes in the water:-)

Richard BrownFledgling Birder
Turlock California

Posted by: RICHARD H BROWN <brown7910...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)