Date: 3/20/17 6:18 pm
From: Conor Scotland <scotland.conor...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Re: Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Apologies, should have included some more details on the location of these
birds. I was referring to the "Trail to Elwood Beach" as it's labeled as
such on google maps. This in the trail that starts from the south end of
Santa Barbara Shores Dr and heads south. The birds were right at the first
trail intersection, about 80 yards from the end of the road. They were 40
or 50 ft up in a Eucalyptus tree just a few feet west of this trail
intersection. About here: 34.423446, -119.893472

We also saw them about an hour earlier, about 100 yards east down that
trail from the intersection, again high up in Euc branches. About
here 34.423198, -119.892185.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Conor Scotland <scotland.conor...>
wrote:

> This afternoon on the Trail to Elwood Beach we saw the Rose-breasted
> Grosbeak that was reported by Hank Heiberg on eBird yesterday. Accompanying
> this bird was another grosbeak, which I think was either a female
> Black-headed or an immature male Rose-breasted (based on faint fine breast
> streaks). The two were moving around together through the Euc branches.
> Below is a link to some pictures of both birds. Would love to hear any
> thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> Conor & Julie Scotland
>
> *Pictures*: