Date: 3/20/17 5:52 pm
From: Jane Westervelt <jwestervelt...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Brown Thrasher - no
Forgot to mention, I also saw what were most likely a pair of peregrine falcons south bound from Depoe Bay yesterday. Not sufficiently certain to add it to my state list, but don't know what else they would have been.

Jane

On March 20, 2017, at 5:47 PM, Jane Westervelt <jwestervelt...> wrote:

Hahaha...oystercatchers are awesome too! One of my favorite rockpiper-types, really! Thanks again for all the help, Linda, good to know how to get to these places for next time. And it was also a 3-cormorant and 3-scoter day. Bummer we didn't hear from the people that saw the thrasher while we were there, but glad someone got to see it. :)

Thanks to the others that also responded to my inquiry last week, great websites you directed me to and they'll help with future trips too. Thanks to the people that let me peer through their scope to see the eider! One life bird, several new Oregon birds.

All in all, another great trip to Oregon.

Jane, back in Moscow, Idaho

On March 20, 2017, at 10:36 AM, Linda Fink <linda...> wrote:

In the spirit of "negative news is useful, too", an out-of-state birder
and I spent from about 10:30 a.m. Sunday until about 1:30 p.m. searching
the area of the water pump, cattail marsh, etc. on the Salishan Nature
Trail. We saw lots of birds but no Thrasher. Evidently someone saw it,
judging from the ebird report on obol from 11:30 a.m. on Sunday. Sigh.

Linda Fink
p.s. I was able to show my birder friend Black Oystercatchers at Boiler
Bay, of course. No trip is a waste if you see BLOY. :-) I think she was
more impressed with the Black Turnstones at Depoe Bay (that she found by
herself) and the King Eider (that someone else helped her find) on the
south coast.
--

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol<http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>