Date: 3/20/17 4:06 pm
From: David Griffin <birdingnm...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Louisa Co; Cone Marsh - Purple Martin
Hello All

I made a return visit to Cone Marsh mid-day today and wound up with 59
species including several Tree Swallows and 7 Purple Martins! A fine 1st
day of Spring.

There were still greater white-fronted geese, snow geese, trumpeter swans
(12), blue-winged teal (so pretty), American white pelicans, sandhill
cranes, and a ton of American coots.

Shorebird numbers have picked up in the past several days and I tallied
nearly 100 Wilson's snipe and 26 pectoral sandpipers, foraging with both
greater and lesser yellowlegs.

I ran into several friendly birders from Iowa City and Letts (thanks for
sharing info with me!).

My full checklist is at eBird:

David
Muscatine, IA