Date: 3/20/17 3:40 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Eagle Update
Checked on the Eagles about an hour ago. One was on the nest and five
minutes later the mate showed up and perched high up on the nest tree.
After a while the one on the nest got up and did some adjusting to
either the eggs or the nest lining. Lasted for several minutes during
which time it was briefly joined by its mate. Then the mate flew off
again. Unfortunately I didn't have my scope so couldn't see exactly
what was going on.

While watching the eagles a gorgeous Red Fox was walking on the mowed
path to the river. Looked like a healthy specimen with those black
legs, thick coat and huge white tipped tail. He never saw us because we
were on a hill looking down on him.

Started the day out with a nice bird walk led by Jim Farley. I feel so
blessed when I get home to have most of the same birds as regular
visitors right outside the window where I can see them up close and
personal. The handsome Fox Sparrows are still here. Saw three of them
together under the feeder this afternoon. The Brown Creeper was also a
nice surprise.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!