Date: 3/20/17 2:14 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Fwd: HF597 !! AKA "The WISE Solution"
Some updates on the *Iowa' Water and Land Legacy *which involves an
incremental funding solution for the Natural Resources and Outdoor
Recreation Trust Fund. A great opportunity to finally get this "funded"!

Please attend if you can and help out in whatever way(s) you can.

God Bless,

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*
*Mobile 712-301-2817*

IWiLL Leader,

First, I wanted to announce that *we finally have a bill number!* The bill
in the House Ways & Means Committee that funds the Trust Fund is *HF597
<https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ga=87&ba=HF%20597>. *

Secondly, I am reaching out to see if you can help Iowa's Water and Land
Legacy <http://iowaswaterandlandlegacy.org>recruit supporters to attend a
few *round-table discussions this week* across the state.

Each of these round-tables will feature a leader from the IWiLL coalition
who will discuss the current status of funding the Natural Resources &
Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund.

The discussion will also focus on the "WISE Solution"
<http://www.iowaswaterandlandlegacy.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/WISE-1-pgr-Final.pdf>
(HF597) <https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ga=87&ba=HF%20597>a
bill introduced by Rep. Kaufmann that includes a 3/8ths of a cent sales tax
increase to fund the Trust Fund, along with a decrease in income taxes to
create a "tax-neutral" bill.

The *round-tables will be hosted in key-legislative districts*, with press
invited, to show the legislators who are "gatekeepers" to funding the Trust
Fund the high-level of constituent support this initiative has behind it.

The five educational round-tables will be* THIS FRIDAY*, March 24th, over
the noon-hour.

Here are the details:

3/24/17 FRIDAY Clinton 12:00 1:00 Pizza Ranch 1347 11th Street, Clinton Meeting
Room
3/24/17 FRIDAY Coralville 12:00 1:00 Coralville Library 1401 5th Street,
Coralville Meeting Room B
3/24/17 FRIDAY Boone 12:00 1:00 Pizza Ranch 1703 S Story Street, Boone Meeting
Room
3/24/17 FRIDAY Oskaloosa 12:00 1:00 Smokey Row 109 S Market Street,
Oskaloosa Meeting Room
3/24/17 FRIDAY Clear Lake 12:30 1:30 Lakeview Community Center 10 North
Lakeview Drive Meeting Room

Also, for those activists/organizations in the Des Moines area, we are
looking for activists who can attend one of our *upcoming phone banks *this
week on Thursday and Saturday. We will be using the phone banks to call
through our supporter-list and recruit attendees for "Fund the Trust Day"
on the Hill on April 11th.

Here are the details:

*IWiLL Phone Banks*

1)* Thursday*, March 23 - 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Address: 321 E. Walnut, Suite #321

* Bring phone and laptop
* Pizza and beverages

2) *Saturday*, March 25 - 10:00 am to 1:00pm
Address: 321 E. Walnut, Suite #321

* Bring phone and laptop
* Donuts and sandwiches

Any RSVPs for the round-tables or the phone banks should be emailed to
<4ruthlapointe...>

Thanks for all your help so far

*Ruth Lapointe*

641-210-2357 <(641)%20210-2357>