Date: 3/20/17 1:19 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Marion County -Bald Eagles on Mulberry Rec Trail
3/20/17
Eaglets are out of the nest “branching” if you can say that when there are no branches on the tower where the nest is.
They were preening and stretching on the opposite side of the tower from their nest.
One person said they had seen one of the Eaglets fly off of the tower to the ground and back to tower. I did not see that. I did hear them calling Mom or Dad who was perched on an adjacent tower but did not come to the nest tower.

Looks like Merry and Noel will soon be on their way and we won’t be seeing them up on the tower.

Merry and Noel enjoying the sun

Their “skinny" nest where they have been since hatching around Christmas

“You go first, Merry, I’ll follow” “NO, you first, Noel"

Every day is a great day to go birding.
GODSPEED, beautiful birds.

Alice Horst
Marion County, FL