Date: 3/20/17 11:35 am
From: <birds...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] White-throated Sparrow continues at Pinecrest Park on 3-20-17
I met briefly this morning with Edana and Sandy Remley. Edana was kind enough to point me to the same location Ryan had initially found the White-throated Sparrow.

After a few moments, the White-throated Sparrow made an appearance and continued to stay near these coordinates: 33.65171,-117.63865. I had good visuals from 8:20 a.m. to 9:05 a.m with a lapse of no views from about 8:40 to 8:55 after it had disappeared down below in the creek area.

In this section of the park, it seemed to spend quite a bit of time on the slope directly between the last two sycamore trees where the grassy area ends, fly below into the creek and weave in and out of low lying shrubs. At one time it did fly upwards into the two dead narrow smaller trees at the edge of the cliff. It appeared to engage with a Golden-crowned Sparrow and claim its branch space.

The White-throated Sparrow did not associate much with other sparrows except for brief moments here and there. In all, mostly a loner. No vocalizations were heard of any kind.

I found that standing still for 5 minute or more periods and remaining silent improved my chances of re-occurrences.

I've uploaded two photos for viewing

https://flic.kr/p/STki1m https://flic.kr/p/STki1m

https://flic.kr/p/T4xYeG https://flic.kr/p/T4xYeG

Anthony Gliozzo