Date: 3/20/17 9:42 am
From: John Confer <confer...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Cayuga Bird Club Owl Prowl
Cayuga Bird Club Field Trip. All are welcome.
Shush! OWL PROWL. Sun, 26 March, 7:00-~9:30.
Meet at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology Parking Lot
Weather Forecast: Temp. dropping toward freezing, light rain possible. Dress in winter-weather clothes. We'll drive to several locations, and use owl playbacks. This will give us a chance to get a response from a couple of the fairly easy to hear species as well as a couple of the less common species. But, reality is that we will do well if we get two species, although one of our stops has had a saw-whet respond on two occasion in recent weeks. North Wood Rd., Star Stanton Hill, Park Preserve are on our list of stops. Since owls get tired of hearing tapes and don't respond a multiple of times, please don't test these sites for owl in the preceding week, thanks. John Confer

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/