Date: 3/20/17 8:29 am
From: Tobias Dean <tdean10...>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] URGENT ALERT: Dodge Rd Spruce Woods may be cut down for massive Solar Farm on Dodge rd, STARTING in APRIL !!
I am not sure if the admins of this list want this subject covered here but
I can't embrace this viewpoint. Small patches of woods are constantly being
cut for residential development without the benefit of providing clean
energy. Cornell owns these woods I presume.
I don't have any more details than provided here so perhaps I don't
have the full story. We can continue to get our energy from far away which
involve fracking or coal burning and I think all birders agree these have
an enormous impact on wildlife.
Or we can learn to tolerate this kind of development.
Interestingly I just noticed some local resistance to a solar farm
proposed adjacent to a rural cemetery out Groton/Cortland way.

--
Tobias Dean, Furnituremaker
124 Yaple Rd.

ARCHIVES: