Date: 3/20/17 7:52 am
From: Steven Brown <sbrown37...>
Subject: [cobirds] Lincoln's Sparrow, COS, El Paso Co Mon
Hi COBirders,

Just caught/banded my FOS Lincoln’s Sparrow in the yard in Mountain Shadows, NW Colo Spgs. Earlier than usual!

I am getting very few yard birds right now. I assume they are not congregating the same way since weather hasn’t chased them to feeders, but I have seen a 100% turnover in the juncos in the yard. None are around that I banded earlier in the season.

We have been seeing migrating accipters here at the edge of the foothills, and had an adult F Cooper’s Hawk dispatch and dismember a collared-dove in the yard Saturday. Got some pretty good bloody close-ups!

Spring is here!

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs